Saturday, August 6, 2011

TEA CAKES!

I really enjoy these cookies, this recipe was given to me by a friend and I make them around Christmas time. I have come to know they are called Mexican tea cookies, Russian tea cookies and I am sure there are other names for them, all i know they are just delicious and easy to make.



INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup butter
1/2 Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup finely chopped Pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
Heat Oven to 400 F. Mix thoroughly butter, sugar and vanilla. Work in flour, salt and  nuts until dough holds together. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until set, but not brown. while warm after 10 minutes of cooling time roll on powdered sugar. Cool completely then roll in sugar again. ENJOY.

NOTE: you can give them away as gifts around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment