- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups rum
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg( optional)
- 1 3 ounce box of instant Flan Spanish style custard( i like Jello use any brand you like)
- Prepare the flan according to instruction let it set.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer stir the condensed milk, evaporated milk, add the flan in small chunks and keep mixing.
- Stir in the rum and vanilla, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Pass through a sieve then transfer to sterilized bottle(s) and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve over crushed ice. Keeps refrigerated for 2-3 weeks.
- NOTE: if you would like it a little thicker feel free to use 2 boxes of the flan ( instead of 1). Usually these boxes come with a caramel bag, I like to add at least one to the punch gives it a little kick, but you can omit it if you prefer.