Tuesday, July 5, 2011

LAVA FLOW DRINK!

I have to say i am not a big fan of drinks with little umbrellas in it! I just find them too sweet and sometimes not enough alcohol in them. I prefer your regular martini. I decided to plan a trip to Honolulu and while i was working on what I was going to do there, sites to see, excursions to plan a friend told me about this drink. I have to admit with hesitation i tried it and AND boy am I a convert. This drink is packed with good rum and just enough sweetness to think you are having a non alcoholic drink, but don't let the sweetness FOOL YOU! it definitely packs a punch. I try to make it every now and then and just brings back memories wanting to be back in Hawaii. I hope you guys enjoy it.


1 1/4 oz. Bacardi white rum ( i suggest Bacardi but you can use your favorite rum).
1oz. Coco Lopes Cream of Coconut.
6oz. pineapple juice, plus a splash
1oz. strawberry puree ( you can puree frozen strawberries if you dont have fresh ones).
1wedge pineapple, to garnish
1 cherry to garnish( optional)

1) Blend the rum, Coco lopes and pineapple juice with ice
2) Pour the strawberry puree into a glass( a tall, stemmed glass).
3) Pour the cocunut blend on top, causing the strawberry to flow upward ( this creates the lava-flow effect).
4) Garnish with the wedge of pineapple and cherry

Enjoy and drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment