- 2 green plantains
- Oil for frying
- 6 mashed garlic cloves with olive oil ( make a paste)
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up, peel the green plantains and then cut them into 3/4 inch slices.
- Fry the slices in the hot oil for 3 minutes. They should be a light golden color and semi-soft.
- Remove the plantain slices with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Tip: Maintain the oil’s temperature.
- When the plantain slices are cool enough to handle (about 1 minute), smash them into flat rounds on small amount of the garlic paste.
- Fry the rounds in the hot oil for 3 minutes. They will turn crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the tostones with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt while they are still warm ( to taste) ENJOY!